Tuesday, September 29, 2009

About face.


I've noticed a lot of women spend an endless amount of time and money on products based on which celeb is spruiking it, the hype, and the shiny packaging.

I don't claim to be immune to this - certainly not, because nothing gets my attention like a bit of carefully placed bling, or a shiny haired, poreless spokesmodel.

But I've come to realise that over time I keep going back to a group of go-to products which has withstood the test of time.

These are the goods (IMHO), and are worthy of your attention.

The goods: Skin

Click for product information!


Here's some of my picks ...
  • Neutrogena cleansers - I like to rotate within the range. A personal favourite is the Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. I think I love it more cos you can buy it in the supermarket!
  • Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Lotion - An absolute winner. No nonsense. All action. I like it!
  • Paula's Choice BHA liquid - I've tried numerous other "skin smoothers" of this ilk, and The Paula's is still the best, naff packaging and all.
  • Kiehl's Microderm scrub - I'm sounding like an exfoliant addict now... But it's really good. And I use it (only) once a month.
  • Neutrogena sunscreen - See my review for Primped here
  • Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Gold Capsules - I apply one of these maybe once a week before bed, and awaken with amazingly soft skin. And they come in delightful capsules you can stash in your travel kit! A great choice for in-flight hydration.
It should be noted here that I have combination skin. This list makes my skin sound schizophrenic. And most days it is - so there's a little something in this list for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment