Monday, June 23, 2008

Non-squeaky Clean: Cleansing Oils




Those in the know will tell you oil-attracts-oil.

While we rely on detergents to wash away the grime on our dirty dishes, the same should not be true for your face - in an ideal world.

I confess I am shamefully lazy at the end of a long day of work, and will happily use (gasp) soap in my too-hot shower to scrub off the grime.

But when I wish to be saint-like where skincare is concerned, I spring for one of these babies...


My personal fave is MAC Cleanse Off Oil, $37.

Sure, I am always slightly alarmed when I rub this into my dry, uncleansed face - remembering not-too-distant teenage years where this sort of thing would have been "natural", but add water and all the days sins disappear. This oil actually emulsifies with water. And all that remains is (non-squeaky) clean skin.


One pump will do you fine - any more seems like overkill.


Further reading on a similar method.








1 comment:

  1. Have you heard the exciting news that Shu Uemura is coming to Australia? This comment is kinda related to the good oils, huh? Shu's was the original, non?

    ReplyDelete