Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kiehls: now in bulk, and other recent discoveries...

Am very excited to note that Kiehls has just unveiled a 1 litre pump pack size of Creme de Corps for a limited time!

Now, if I could just convince the folks in Kiehls land to package the Epidermal Retexturising Micro-Dermabrasion scrub in a giant tube...I've kept my tube in the shower, and use it mixed with body wash and face wash - just the most gentle scrub sloughs off any skin past it's use by in a flash. (And it works wonders on my often neglected feet and hands)

Both available from Mecca Cosmetica and Kiehls freestanding stores.


My recession-friendly find of the week is Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser.
Contains alpha and beta hydroxy acids and microbeads for thorough cleansing with a gentle exfoliating effect. It's halfway between a cream and a foaming cleanser and has proven to be great vaule for money, for a 200ml tube at under $15.And while I'm recommending two exfoliantastic products here today ... don't get all crazy and start exfoliating twice a day every day. I hear skin cells do stop regenerating after a while.

Take note. According to the dermatologists quoted in every chick-mag I've read, it's the sure fire way to age prematurely. And we wouldn't want that now, would we?

3 comments:

  1. I love that Kiehls microderm scrub too. It's boss, beats all the other products hands down. But you know what i've discovered recently that feels similar? Cetaphil mixed with bicarb once a week - sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really joined the cetaphil-bicarb fans ... I've tried it in the past, but I just can't get into the sort of slimy/non-cleansed feel I get from Cetaphil.

    It just doesn't feel like it's working!

    Though, I wouldn't call myself a hater. There's time to be converted ...

    ReplyDelete