Sunday, February 15, 2009

Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream


Claiming to beat rival anti-ageing creams on the market with $350 price tags*, Olay has launched their new Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream in Australia.

This is the very same cream which sold out within hours in the US and UK, and left others on waiting lists a mile long. Sounds like a winner. Or like I'm describing a new Hermes Birkin.

All the same, after reading about this online for the last few months, and quizzing the staff at my favourite Priceline for two weeks, I finally purchased this on Tuesday last week, from a Priceline salesperson who gave me a knowing smile. I hear the "official" launch is actually
today, which makes me quite pleased to be ahead of the pack without even trying.

So, what's in it for me?


'Get beautifully fresh, younger-looking skin around the 3 hardest to treat areas - the eyes, jaw line and neck - with Olay's most concentrated amino-peptide formula ever. It helps you achieve dramatically younger-looking skin.'

More specifically, Hyaluronic acid (seen more recently in the L'Oreal Dermagenesis range) and peptides to keep things smooth, plump and generally good looking. Noteworthy is the addition of Mica (which you may be familiar with from most mineral make up lines), which acts as a complexion enhancer.

I personally enjoy the fresh apple scent, and the smooth non-greasy texture. It's moisturising, but not heavy, which is a big plus for oily-combination skin like mine.

I'm still waiting for a miracle, but in the interim this is doing well. Particularly when you consider the price tag $49.99 (I got it for $39.99 on sale). Worth checking out.


* Based on a Good Housekeeping Magazine study from 2007, which put this cream up against it's much exxier counterparts, including La Mer and La Prairie.

No comments:

Post a Comment